Saturday, October 3, 2009

These boots are made for hiking!


What an emotional week. My father passed away Wednesday after a long illness. It has been good to see family, but sad that it happens due to such terrible reasons. My heart is aching for my family and for myself. I am thankful to have a supportive, wonderful husband and a God who loves me even though I don't deserve it. I know that my Dad is with that God now, and that gives me hope.

We are leaving today for our anniversary trip to the Smoky Mountains. I am really excited as it has been years since we have had a vacation. I am looking forward to peace, quiet and rest. I have a pair of new hiking boots that are rarin' and ready to go. They have been strolling around the neighborhood and house getting ready for this trip. For our trip, we decided to make some trail mix, which is so super easy, and you can add what you like instead of buying pre-made.

OUR choices:
Cashews, peanuts, almonds, walnuts, dried pineapple and blueberries, Candy corn and M&M's.

We have a big baggie of this stuff ready to go and munch on. Maybe I can use it to catch a bear.....

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

God's rest, like God's time is perfect. Thank you Lord, for your awesome rest.

Much love and many blessings,
Stace

1 comment:

  1. Hope you all have a great time! So Sorry to hear about your dad. Its always hard to lose someone so close. I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete