Thursday, October 1, 2009

Tea and Time.....

It has been a thought provoking week. I have had many conversations which have caused me to begin to rethink "time" in my life. With my fathers passing I have been reminded all too harshly that we do not always have tomorrow. A conversation with an old steady friend who is always there, even when we are far apart reminds me that even though we are always there for each other, for our families; we need to take the time to say I love you even when we are busy and can't say anything else. An email from a friend who has lost a pet who was a dear friend also makes me realize that we just never know when a sweet life will end, when the time we have with them will be over. Never be too busy to love someone who needs you, even if it is a quick word, visit or call.

So, how do we slow down, how do we find the time? I believe we pray for God to show us the moments we can use for this, and we seek them out, we plan for weekend calls or regular emails. And we should never be afraid to say," I love you".

I of course have dealt with my problems as usual with a good cup of tea and a new recipe. (Hence the need for Weight Watchers... : ) Oh, but this one is very calorie friendly and healthy. I had two wonderful spaghetti squash from the farmers market, so thus was born the Spaghetti Squash with Tomato and Mushrooms.

Halve the Spaghetti Squash and scoop out the seeds. Place cut side down on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray or a bit of Olive oil. Bake at 350 degrees until soft, around 45 minutes. Scoop out the flesh and it will string like spaghetti.

Sauce: I used a little bit of Bertolli Olive Oil and Garlic Marinara I had left.
1- 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
2 to 4 cloves of Garlic slivered
1 cup Portabella Mushroom chopped ( I use a spoon to scoop out the black gills, they will turn your meal black)

Saute the onion, garlic and mushrooms in a bit of olive oil til tender.
I then halved about a cup of baby cherry tomatoes off of our plants in the garden and added them in until they warmed. Add salt to taste.

Serve squash topped with a bit of sauce and then ladle the veggies on top. I enjoy a little Parmesan Cheese grated on top as well.

God's time:
Ecc 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Ecc 3:4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance.
And the list goes on.

They say time heals all wounds. May we all intentionally spend more time loving, laughing and dancing... the weeping and mourning will take care of themselves.....

Thank you Lord, for Your time and Your love.
Wishing you Many Blessings and Much Love,

Stace

No comments:

Post a Comment